“In Mandy Len Catron’s Modern Love essay, “ To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This ,” she refers to a study by the psychologist Arthur Aron (and others) that explores whether intimacy between two strangers can be accelerated by having them ask each other a specific series of  personal questions.” – New York Times.
36 doesn’t quite seem like enough to fall in love, let alone be in a room in private with someone.
Here are a quick 36 more (for the ladies):
1. Have you ever thought that it was helpful to be “devil’s advocate?”
2. Can you quote Atlas Shrugged ?
3. Do you believe in the rhythm method?
4. Have you ever asked for a straight pride parade?
5. Have you ever committed high treason?
6. Where do you think a tie should land on the body? Below the crotch?
7. Are you a personal trainer? Why?
8. Do you think that smashing a window because your sports team lost is okay?
9. Do you think that smashing a window because your sports team won is okay?
10. Do you believe in the Deep State?
11. Do you own more khakis than jeans?
12. Do you think that khakis are sexy?
13. Do you think that your legs in khakis are God’s gift to sex?
14. Have you said, “Can’t wait to see my khakis on your floor.”
15. Have you ever worn a shirt with a confederate flag on it but said that it’s “not a big deal because it’s just a Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt.”
16. Do you say “za” instead of “pizza?”
17. Have you ever had the feeling that you are owed a blowjob?
18. Do you participate in SantaCon?
19. Have you screamed, “There are only two genders!” at a person with short hair and eyeliner?
20. Do you know what number the golf channel is on?
21. Why aren’t you telling me who you voted for?
22. Do you listen to a lot of white rap?
23. Are you sexually aroused by working in finance?
24. Have you watched “White Collar?”
25. Is your frat for life?
26. Do you believe in honoring the rich and relevant history of the South?
27. Do you think that Eric Trump is not an oil covered weasel in a suit?
28. I’ve noticed you are still dodging that voting question. Why is that?
29. Have you ever locked your door because a Mexican person walked by?
30. What is a uterus?
31. Do you think that Adam Rippon is beautiful? Why are you getting defensive? I don’t think that you’re gay, I’m just curious about what you think of his face.
32. Okay, what about Nev from Catfish? Stop getting weird.
33. QUICK, who did you vote for?
34. Do you have tiny little legs and giant arms?
35. Do you see me as a person?
36. Blink twice if you voted for Trump.
Leyton Cassidy is a comedian and writer based in New York City. She grew up in New Mexico and recently bought a hairless cat off of CraigsList named Darwin. She works as free lance production assistant, most recently on Sesame Street. Check out her literary comedy podcast Classic(s) Bitch on iTunes